Standard 4 – Members must not misinform their clients as to their scope of practice, qualifications and competencies
- Members must not engage in any form of misinformation or misrepresentation in relation to the:
- Hearing services or devices they provide.
- Qualifications, industry experience, training or professional affiliations they have.
- Members must not use their possession of a particular qualification to mislead or deceive clients as to their competence in a field of practice or ability to provide services.
- Members must provide truthful information with regard to their qualifications, industry experience, training and professional affiliations.
- Members must not make claims to clients, either directly or indirectly via advertising or promotional materials, about the efficacy of hearing services they provide if those claims cannot be substantiated.