Where Can I seek help?

Members of the public can visit any polyclinic to obtain a referral to the Ear, Nose & Throat (ENT) department at restructured hospitals in Singapore.

The ENT specialist will determine if medical treatment is needed before referrals are made for you to see an audiologist.

You may also choose to see an audiologist in private practice at your own convenience, without the need to be referred by a primary care doctor. However, if you experience any pain or discomfort in your ears, we strongly suggest that you see a doctor for a medical evaluation before making an appointment with an audiologist.

If you suspect that you have hearing problems, or just wish to find out about your hearing status, you might want to participate in Project Silver Screen. This is a nation-wide functional screening programme for Singapore citizens that are 60 years old and above. The programme will take place at community and resident centres that may be located near you. Screeners will check your ears to see if you need to be referred for further evaluation at community hearing clinics or restructured hospitals. For more information and location schedule, please refer to this website.