Standard 8 – Members must take appropriate action in response to adverse events
- Members must take appropriate and timely measures to minimise harm to clients when an adverse event occurs in the course of providing a hearing service.
- Members must:
- Ensure that appropriate first aid is available to deal with any adverse event.
- Obtain appropriate emergency assistance in the event of any serious adverse event. Promptly disclose the adverse event to the client and take appropriate remedial steps to reduce the risk of recurrence.
- Ensure that the adverse event is appropriately documented.
- Report the adverse event to the relevant authority, where appropriate.