SAPS was founded in 2000 by Ms Helen Tong, Mr Ronald Burgess, and Mr Yiap Kim Hong
AUDIOLOGY IN SINGAPORE
|1977||The Audiology unit was started at SGH ENT dept.|
|1985||4 Audiologist with 5 Audio Technicians working at various Hospitals|
|1997||First paediatric cochlear implant operation|
|1999||MOE provides FM System to schools with hearing impaired students|
|2000||The Society for Audiology Professionals Singapore (SAPS) were formed.|
|2001||Universal Newborn hearing screening introduced at KKH. This is extended to all hospitals 2 years later|
|2007||25 Audiologists and 25 Audio-technicians|
|2010||SAPS Jointly offers the industrial audiometry Course with Temasek Polytechnic|
|2013||Government co funding for Hearing Aids approve under the Senior Mobility Fund|
|2013||SAPS is accepted as a member of NCSS|
|2013||The first batch of The Masters of Audiology Programme at NUS|
|2013||60+ Audiologist for a nation of 5.9 million|
SOCIETY FOR AUDIOLOGY PROFESSIONALS IN SINGAPORE (SAPS)
SAPS is a professional body that was founded in the year 2000 with the aim to promote the development of Audiology as a practice and profession in Singapore.
The Objectives of the Society are:
- To promote the highest level of professional competence among members through honest, dignified, compassionate and ethical behaviors.
- To educate health-care professionals and the general public on hearing healthcare and audiological issues.
- To facilitate continuing education for members and hearing health professionals.
- To provide a forum for members to discuss clinical cases, ethics, professional and audiological issues.
- To promote goodwill among members hearing-health professionals and the community.
Past Presidents of SAPS
|2000||Mr Ronald Burgess|
|2001-2007||Mr Yiap Kim Hong|
|2008-2009||Mr Lee Lock Hey Steven|
|2010-2012||Ms Meliza Cruz|
|2013-2014||Mr Gary Lee Jek Chong|
|2014-2016||Ms Winnie Ng|